“They’re staging a peaceful protest and so far everything is under control. Nobody is acting violently,” Tembagapura police chief Eduard Edison told AFPWorkers and management “haven’t yet agreed on things and they are still negotiating”, he added.Freeport spokesman Riza Pratama said the company was “studying” the workers’ demands.”We’ll give them an answer as soon as possible, taking into account health and safety protocols,” he added.In May, Freeport said it was reducing its staff at the mine, which employed about 25,000 people, after virus infections rose in the area. Topics : More than 1,000 Indonesian workers blocked access to the world’s biggest gold mine on Monday in protest at a company move to shut down visits to their families over virus concerns. The miners demonstrated at the main entrance to the Grasberg complex — also a major copper mine — in Indonesia’s easternmost Papua region, as the workers and US-based operator Freeport held talks.The protest, which started early Monday morning, came in response to a company decision to cancel bus services to the city of Timika in response to fears about the spread of coronavirus infections.
Español, Non-discrimination, Press Release En el día de la fecha, el Gobernador Tom Wolf dio a conocer la siguiente declaración en respuesta a la última propagación de odio e información falsa por parte del Representante Russ Diamond:“Abominable, irrespetuoso, peligroso. No hay palabras que describan adecuadamente mi desdén por las payasadas que el Representante Diamond desplegó en su última misiva.“El comunicado de prensa del Representante Diamond no es más que un ataque apenas velado contra la comunidad LGBTQ y la Secretaria de Salud del Estado la Dra. Rachel Levine, una mujer transgénero y una líder respetada a nivel nacional en salud pública, cuya valentía y firmeza frente a los constantes ataques es loable.“Prácticamente ninguna persona pensante cuestiona al uso de las máscaras como un medio efectivo para detener la propagación de la COVID. Quienes ostentan con orgullo que no usan máscaras, como el Representante Diamond, no muestran su libertad, sino más bien su ignorancia y falta de respeto hacia ellos mismos, sus familias, vecinos y comunidades cuando no usan una máscara, y probablemente propaguen más este virus peligroso.“Equiparar cualquier falta de respeto hacia aquellos que no usan máscaras a las décadas de falta de respeto, amenazas y violencia contra nuestra comunidad LGBTQ va mucho más allá de las características distintivas de una sociedad decente. Que estas acciones provengan de un legislador elegido para representar de manera justa a todos sus electores es simplemente imperdonable.“Hago un llamamiento al liderazgo de los Republicanos de la Cámara de Representantes para que presente una resolución que censure al Representante de inmediato. Necesitamos que los Republicanos dejen de difundir información errónea al público en general, y necesitamos imperiosamente que sean más responsables y más receptivos a la salud y al bienestar de todos los residentes de Pennsylvania. Este comportamiento peligroso e imprudente no es bienvenido en Pennsylvania.”View this information in English. El Gobernador Wolf da a conocer su declaración en respuesta a la propagación de información falsa y ataques a la comunidad LGBTQ SHARE Email Facebook Twitter July 30, 2020
Germany-based shipping company BBC Chartering, part of the Briese Schiffahrt Group, has appointed Ulrich Ulrichs as a new CEO of the company.As announced in May, Ulrichs has taken over the CEO position from Svend Anderson.“We fully support Mr. Ulrichs in his new role, and we have full confidence that he will keep BBC Chartering on its steady course,” Roelf Briese from BBC Chartering said.Earlier this year, Ulrichs took the role of Chief Commercial Officer at BBC Chartering, heading the group’s global commercial business.Within his 20 year-long tenure in shipping, Ulrichs served AAL and Rickmers in various management positions, and last in the capacity of CEO of Rickmers-Line.Headquartered in Leer, BBC Chartering operates more than 150 multipurpose and heavy lift vessels. The company’s ships range from 3,500 dwt to 37,300 dwt and are capable of lifting cargo of up to 900 mts.
Share 108 Views no discussions Sharing is caring! Share LifestyleRelationships The Name Game: 6 Different Ways of Changing Your Name After Marriage. by: – June 30, 2011 by SavvySugarAlthough marrying your true love is a romantic and happy occasion, you’ll have a lot of paperwork to catch up on after the big event. And if you’re thinking about changing your maiden name to celebrate your new change of status, there are a lot of factors you need to think about before making the switch. For example, what are you going to change your name to? Here are some examples of the choices you can pick from:Not changing your name. This is the easiest choice, because you don’t have to file a name change. It’s socially acceptable in modern societies to stick with your maiden name, and in some countries such as China, it has long been a common practice for women to keep their last names after marriage. This option works best for women who think the act of taking on the last name of their husbands is unfair, or if the change of last names will result in a less than pleasant sounding combination. Other reasons why women might want to stick to their birth surnames include sentimentality and preference. A lot of women also keep their last names not to hurt career prospects because they either have built a brand around their last name, or their name is already well known in their industry. In fact, our friends at LearnVest tallied the true cost of a name change, which is a whopping $500,000. The figure is based on a Netherlands study, which showed that women who keep maiden names earn $1,172 more per month.Dropping your maiden name. Taking on your husband’s name is a common tradition and many women see it as a way to embrace their marriage. Another reason for taking on your husbands name is just to lessen the confusion from others, especially when it comes to your children. Or it can also be that your first name sounds better with his last name, and you’ve been wanting to drop the embarrassing birth name combination for years now.Put a hyphen in it. Some might think the hyphen combination is the best of both worlds — you get to keep your last name and stick to tradition by adding on your husband’s name. Some issues with that is, depending on the length of the last names, your new name might end up being too long and confusing, and your last name might sound too similar to his last name soA mashup. If none of the previous options sound appealing, you can go the more unique route and mash up both of your names. To have a true mashup, you’ll have to take part of his name and part of your last name and line them up next to each other. In other words, you can’t just take random letters and insert them wherever you like. One warning with this is, it might be a hit or miss, the end result may sound refreshingly unique or just bizarre.Creating a new name. If you decide you want to randomly mix up the letters or parts of your last names together, you’ll be creating a new last name. Take one or a few letters from your name and play around with it until you like what it sounds like.Having him take up your name. Didn’t you hear Beyoncé say that girls run the world? This is an option that few men rarely take. The reasons for them doing it might include defying tradition, proclaiming their love, or maybe just the simple fact that your last name sounds better than his.Figuring out what name to take can be hard, and the process of changing your name after marriage will be even more taxing. With so many options to pick from, I’m wondering what type of name change appeals the most to you — what name will you stick with after you marry? Share Tweet
Barcelona left-back Jordi Alba hobbled off in the 20th minute of the Spanish champions’ La Liga game against Getafe on Saturday with an apparent right thigh injury. The 30-year-old left the field wincing in pain and was replaced by Junior Firpo.Advertisement Alba hobbled off in the 20th minute with a thigh injury It is the third injury for the Spain international this season, having spent two spells on the sidelines with injuries to his left thigh. Loading… Read Also: Man City register interest in Arsenal, Barcelona target UpamecanoQuique Setien’s Barca visit Napoli in their Champions League last-16 first leg on February 25, before the return game on March 18.The Catalans led their third-placed opponents 2-0 at half-time at the Camp Nou.FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Promoted Content8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its Growth8 Weird Facts About Coffee That Will Surprise YouWho’s The Best Car Manufacturer Of All Time?This Guy Photoshopped Himself Into Celeb Pics And It’s Hysterical10 Extremely Dirty Seas In The WorldWhat Happens To Your Brain When You Play Too Much Video Games?The Highest Paid Football Players In The WorldWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?You’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of Anime9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A TattooBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever Made2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This Year
By Jeremy FoxOSKALOOSA, Iowa (April 13) – Five drivers tamed the half-mile monster in the regular season opener Wednesday at Southern Iowa Speedway.Cayden Carter and Josh Foster started the 20-lap Xtreme Motor Sports IMCA Modified feature event on the front row and it was Foster quickly grabbing the top spot and getting out to a commanding lead.A lap 12 caution came out and Foster saw Kelly Shryock and Ricky Thornton Jr. right behind him for the ensuing restart. Foster held them off until the yellow came out again on lap 17, this time for Shyrock in turn four.Thornton got a great restart and took the lead away from Foster. Thornton went on to take the win. Colt Mather finished second, Zack Vander Beek was third, Foster was fourth and Tyler Groenendyk was fifth.Other feature winners were Cayden Carter in the IMCA Sunoco Stock Cars, Curtis VanDerWal in the Karl Chevrolet Northern SportMods, Nick Ulin in the IMCA Sunoco Hobby Stocks and Shane Evans in the Mach-1 Sport Compacts.
That bout would currently be against Tyson Fury after he defeated Deontay Wilder in their rematch earlier this year – although the pair are scheduled to fight for a third time later this year.However, a Fury versus Whyte clash is now in doubt after it was revealed that the former has agreed to two mouthwatering unification fights against WBA, IBF, WBO, and IBO champion Anthony Joshua in 2021.As a result, Whyte has pursued legal action against the WBC.Speaking to Sky Sports, WBC President, Mauricio Sulaiman said: “There is a procedure with regards to the date of the mandatory in the heavyweight division.“Upon direct advice of WBC legal counsel I am not in position to discuss any further.”For now, Whyte’s attentions are towards Alexander Povetkin with the pair reportedly due to fight in August after their original May 2 date was cancelled due to the coronavirus pandemic.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram The World Boxing Council (WBC) has confirmed that it has a legal procedure against it from Dillian Whyte concerning the date of his mandatory heavyweight title fight.Whyte is the mandatory challenger for the WBC belt after beating Oscar Rivas via unanimous decision in a final eliminator last July.The Brit is currently the WBC ‘interim’ champion and his mandatory bout is set to take place by February 2021.
Duro IkhazuagbeBarely four days after Super Eagles first choice goalkeeper, Carl Ikeme, was diagnosed of acute Leukeamia, his English Championship club, Wolverhampton Wanderer has replaced the ailing player.Wolves on MondayÂ sealed a two-year contract with Norwich goalkeeper John Ruddy, 30, as possible replacement for Ikeme.Ruddy has just one cap for England and is a strong contender for the number one jersey for Wolves next seasonHowever, a statement on Wolves website made it clear they have been pursuing Ruddy “throughout the summer” even before Ikemeâ€™s leukeamia ailment was diagnosed in a preseason check up.“This is a bittersweet feeling for me – it is good to be here but the circumstances could have been better,” Ruddy announced on his arrival in Wolves on Monday. “Having played against Carl over a number of years, I know what a good goalkeeper he is so it would have been fantastic for the club to have had us competing and bringing out the best in each other.“Now it is a situation where football takes a back seat for Carl and everyone’s thoughts are with him,” the new Wolves keeper stressed with a tinge of sadness.Ikeme who has started the chemotherapy treatment for the cancer of the blood took to twitter at the weekend to thank legions of his fans around the world for their show of love in his present situation.â€œThank you all for your kindness and love. The start of a new chapter and ready to give it my all! Thank youâ€ Ikeme tweeted. With over 200 caps for Wolves, Ikeme has spent the greater part of his professional career at the club.But while the English club has made a replacement for Ikeme, Nigeria with a double header World Cup 2018 qualifier against Cameroon in barely 60 days from now is yet to make any move to strengthen that vital area of the senior national team.As at Monday, a Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) source hinted THISDAY that though Eagles Technical Adviser, Gernot Rohr, is in deep shock over Ikemeâ€™s leukeamia, no goalkeeper has been penciled as possible replacement for the gangling Wolves safe hands.â€œThe Technical Adviser (Gernot Rohr) is in shock over the news of Ikemeâ€™s ailment. He has not taken any decision yet on which player to replace the Nigerian number one goalkeeper yet. We are waiting to hear from him,â€ observed the NFF source to THISDAY yesterday evening.Ikeme became Nigeriaâ€™s number one man between the sticks following Vincent Enyeamaâ€™s unceremonious departure from the Super Eagles mid 2015.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram
Rio 2016 Paralympian and internet sensation, Ibrahim Hamato will be part of the Egyptian team coming to Nigeria for the maiden ValueJet Para Table Tennis Open holding on December 19 to 21 in Lagos.Hamato, 44 is an Egyptian Para table tennis Champion, winning several honours over the years, including the silver medals in the African Para table tennis Championships in 2011 and 2013.Hamato lost both his arms as the result of a train accident when he was 10. In an interview with CNN the Egyptian said: “In our village, we could only play, at that time, table tennis and soccer that’s why I played both. It was logic to play soccer first due to my case; then I played table tennis as a challenge. Hamato has also won an appreciation award under 6th Edition of the Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Creative Sports Award for the category of athlete who achieved success in sports despite major humanitarian challenges after earning second place and winning the silver medal during the African Para table tennis Championships in December 2013.According to the project consultant, Sunday Odebode, the presence of Egyptian team who are one of the top playing nations in Africa would add glamour to the tournament holding at the Molade Okoya-Thomas Hall of Teslim Balogun Stadium.“We are excited to have Hamato in Lagos because he has been an inspiration to a lot of people across the world and we believe his presence in Lagos would again inspire special athletes to aim high despite their challenges.“It promises to be exciting and we cannot wait to have some of the top teams already confirmed for the championship in Lagos. Preparation is ongoing to ensure a hitch-free tournament and we believe hosting this kind of the competition will put Nigeria on the world map and give our players the chance to test might with some of the best in Africa in readiness for Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games in Japan,” Odebode said.Over N10.8m ($30,000) will be at stake as players compete in 44 titles in singles and team events.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram