2 Bacolod City flagship projects start this year

first_imgBACOLOD City – The construction fortwo big projects worth P963 million in this in this city will kick start earlierthis year. MUSEUM-AUDITORIUM. The facade of the PHP163-million Bacolod museum-auditorium at night. The two-structure green building will rise alongside the MassKara coliseum on a donated property in the southern part of the city. Design perspective courtesy of LG+V Architect/Planners Leonardia said that the coliseum isfully air-conditioned and can accommodate about 10,000 people. Earlier, Negrense Sen. Miguel Zubiriassured that he already lobbied the P163-million budget intended for theconstruction of the museum. Leonardia led the 2020 countdowntogether with his family, Vice Mayor El Cid Familiaran and some city officials,department heads, barangay officials. He added the structure will have aleaf design and is not a traditional museum but a combination of a historicaland modern building or a little version of the Sydney Opera House. The other projects are theP350-million development of the Progreso Village Relocation Site, theP350-million site and facility development of the city-run Bacolod CityCollege; and the P200-million roads and bridges construction program. He said the construction of theP800-million Bacolod Masskara Coliseum will start this month, while theconstruction for the P163 million worth Bacolod Museum will be in the firstquarter. Zubiri said the structure is notsimply a museum but will have an auditorium where events, meetings and otheractivities can be held.center_img The loan will also fund three moreflagship projects under the administration of Leonardia, who won in hisreelection bid as city mayor in the May 13, 2019 midterm elections. He also described it as an iconic andhistoric structure that will be one of the tourist attractions of Bacolod Cityin the future. The coliseum and the museum will bebuilt in the 7.4-hectare property donated by Vallacar Transit, Inc., YansonRealty Development Corp., and Olivia V. Yanson in Barangay Alijis, this city. About 20,000 crowds have joined thecountdown and witnessed the fireworks display./PN The budget for the construction of theBacolod MassKara Coliseum will be from the P1.7-billion loan of the citygovernment from the Development Bank of the Philippines. “When the two big projects are alreadythere in the new growth area, Bacolod will never be the same again,” Leornardiasaid, adding that 2019 was a better year for the “City of Smiles.” Mayor Evelio Leonardia made theannouncement during the city’s New Year’s countdown at the Bacolod CityGovernment Center grounds on Tuesday.last_img read more

“I will take penalties for Ghana again” – Asamoah Gyan

first_imgAsamoah Gyan is re-thinking his decision never to take penalty kicks for Ghana again, over three years since he took the last one for the Black Stars.Previously Ghana’s first choice spot kick taker, Gyan swore never to take up the task for the Black Stars again in the wake of verbal abuses he received on the back of two crucial misses for the national team at the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa as well as the 2012 Africa Cup of Nations Gabon / Equatorial Guinea.Having been coerced by Ghanaian football chiefs to return from a self-imposed international exile after the 2012 AFCON debacle, Gyan soon made the vow not to take penalties as a show of respect to his then freshly deceased mother who had requested so from his son.Two heartbreaking penalty shootout defeats have since cost Ghana the ultimate at both the 2013 and of course 2015 Africa Cup of Nations tournaments he led the Black Stars to with the captain shirking responsibility on both occasions.The most blatant one was the recent one in the final in Equatorial Guinea when Coach Avram Grant pulled out Gyan in the very last minute of extra time as the shootout loomed against eventual winners, Ivory Coast.Many have criticised the decision including Black Stars Management Committee Chairman, George Afriyie who publicly stated that Gyan must be convinced to rescind the decision and now the player has responded himself. “There is no problem with me taking penalty kicks. However, it must be acknowledged also that the decision was not taken in a vacuum. With what I have experienced in the past, I don’t need to rush back,” Gyan told Graphic Sports.”As a striker and captain of the team, I will do all I can, to help the team succeed so, whatever decision I take with regards to this particular issue will be in the interest of the national team and not a personal one,” the Al Ain striker added.–last_img read more