Welcome back to this helluva town! The Broadway revival of On the Town begins preview performances on September 20 at the Lyric Theatre (formerly the Foxwoods). The new production, directed by John Rando, stars Tony Yazbeck as Gabey, Jay Armstrong Johnson as Chip and Clyde Alves as Ozzie. Opening night is set for October 16. First seen on Broadway in 1944, On the Town, which features music by Leonard Bernstein and a book and lyrics by Betty Comden and Adolph Green, follows the adventures of three sailors on leave in New York City. Based on the ballet Fancy Free by Jerome Robbins, the musical’s toe-tapping hits from the show include “New York, New York,” “I Can Cook Too,” “Lonely Town” and “Some Other Time.” The new production premiered at the Barrington Stage Company in Massachusetts last year. In addition to Yazbeck, Johnson and Alves, the cast includes Alysha Umphress as Hildy, Megan Fairchild as Ivy Smith, Elizabeth Stanley as Claire, Jackie Hoffman as Madame Dilly, Michael Rupert as Judge Pitkin and Allison Guinn as Lucy Schmeeler. The ensemble features Chip Abbott, Tanya Birl, Angela Brydon, Holly Ann Butler, Julius Carter, Kristine Covillo, Lori Ann Ferreri, Paloma Garcia-Lee, Stephen Hanna, Eloise Kropp, Brandon Leffler, Jess Leprotto, Cory Lingner, Skye Mattox, Michael Rosen, Samantha Sturm, Christopher Vo, Cody Williams and Mikey Winslow. Show Closed This production ended its run on Sept. 6, 2015 Related Shows View Comments On the Town
As questions mount over the validity of the government’s COVID-19 data, West Java Governor Ridwan Kamil confirmed that the numbers announced by the Health Ministry in its daily press conferences did not match that reported by his regional administration.“After [the COVID-19 outbreak] ends, I need to press the central government to give more powers to regional governments in dealing with crisis,” Ridwan said in a roundtable discussion with foreign ambassadors on Monday. He said this was necessary because regional administrations had a better grasp of grassroots level data. “For example, I reported 30 cases today, the central government put five in the report. I reported seven today, the central government reports 50,” he said. “That’s why in today’s pandemic we are using our own data, not using the central government’s data to create scientific data analysis.”According to the Health Ministry’s official count, the number of new cases in West Java has fluctuated widely in the past few weeks, with some days reporting zero new confirmed cases and other days more than 100 new cases.Ridwan said the data discrepancies also extended to government COVID-19 aid, adding that this confusion was the main cause of public dissatisfaction during the outbreak“We discuss the potential for social unrest [due to economic concerns] with the local intelligence agencies, but so far there has been no issue, only confusion from the public about how we’re handling [the outbreak],” he said.Topics :
Promoted ContentThis Guy Photoshopped Himself Into Celeb Pics And It’s HystericalA Guy Turns Gray Walls And Simple Bricks Into Works Of Art10 Risky Jobs Some Women Do8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its GrowthThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read More5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend BetterFantastic-Looking (and Probably Delicious) Bread ArtPlaying Games For Hours Can Do This To Your Body14 Hilarious Comics Made By Women You Need To Follow Right NowWho Earns More Than Ronaldo?Which Country Is The Most Romantic In The World? Chelsea fans have taken to social media and thanked Southampton striker, Michael Obafemi. The Saints forward – who netted at Stamford Bridge earlier in the season – made his mark against Manchester United on Monday night as he scored an injury-time equalizer at Old Trafford. As a result, the Red Devils missed a great chance to leapfrog the Blues as well as Leicester City in the Premier League table. Furthermore, the race for the final two Champions League spots has taken yet another twist. On Saturday, Frank Lampard’s side slumped to a very disappointing 3-0 loss away at Sheffield United, thus handing the Foxes the initiative ahead of their clash with relegation-threatened Bournemouth the following day. However, Brendan Rodgers’ side capitulated in the second half at the Vitality Stadium as their one-goal lead at the break turned into a 4-1 loss at half-time. Despite falling behind early on, Anthony Martial scored one and set up the other for Marcus Rashford to complete the turnaround and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side were on course for a 2-1 win. Until Obafemi struck late on to ensure Chelsea remain in pole position for Champions League qualification. read also:Man United, Chelsea Fans Unhappy over Man City ban overturn Loading… In each football London Chelsea bulletin, we’ll be bringing you the latest breaking news, transfer features, and comment pieces, as well as the key talking points for fans. We’ll also send special newsletters when big stories break or there’s a special event happening. Simply type your email address into the box at the top of this article – or any article on the Chelsea section of football.london in fact – labelled ‘Get the biggest daily stories by email’ and click ‘Subscribe’. If you decide later that you no longer wish to receive the emails, simply follow the unsubscribe link in one of the newsletters – but we don’t think you’ll want to. Chelsea have the chance to respond to Man United’s draw when they take on Norwich City on Tuesday night and head coach Frank Lampard has already spoken of the importance of all three points. “I genuinely don’t see beyond the games in hand,” he said. “We’ve got a few games now we know that. We want to win them and then see if it gets us European, Champions League football for next season. “I was never pinning my hopes on it being an extra team getting in or not, we worry about ourselves. “If we win enough games now we can get into the Champions League qualification.” FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享
Facebook Twitter Google+ Think Atlantic Coast Conference basketball.It’s Duke and Mike Krzyzewski. It’s North Carolina and Tobacco Road. In the past two years, it’s added Jim Boeheim and Syracuse, then Rick Pitino and Louisville. Historical programs with continued success.Quietly, there’s an under-the-radar power brewing in Charlottesville, Virginia. The Cavaliers went 30-7 last season, winning the ACC tournament and reaching the NCAA Tournament Sweet 16.Yet despite winning 16 of 18 games last season in one of the country’s elite basketball conferences, the Cavaliers enter this season ranked ninth in the country and No. 4 in the preseason ACC poll.“We realize that Duke and Carolina and Syracuse and Louisville are always going to be talked about at a different level,” Virginia associate head coach Ritchie McKay said. “But for us, we like the way our program’s growing. We feel like we can attract a terrific student-athlete.AdvertisementThis is placeholder text“I don’t know if we feel left out, disrespected. I think we just feel a privilege to be mentioned in the same breath as some of those great programs.”Virginia does have a fruitful history. Ralph Sampson was a three-time conference Player of the Year and led the Cavaliers, along with star guard Rick Carlisle, to Final Fours in 1981 and 1984. They’ve reached five Elite Eights and have had an ACC Coach of the Year winner in the 1970s, ‘80s, ‘00s and 2010s.“I think people, for whatever reason, maybe they think last year was a fluke or something,” said Zack Bartee, the president of the Hoo Crew, the school’s student-body fan section. “We don’t have all the McDonald’s All-Americans and don’t necessarily play flashy. But we play efficient, play good defense and slow the tempo down. It’s not what generates highlight reels these days in college basketball.”Last season, Virginia head coach Tony Bennett divided the team’s season into thirds: the preseason, nonconference play and conference play. In nonconference play, the Cavaliers lost to Wisconsin-Green Bay and then to Tennessee by 35.The Cavaliers then looked at conference play as a whole new season, guard Justin Anderson said.He had a bitter taste in his mouth after a four-point loss to Duke at Cameron Indoor Stadium on Jan. 13. But the team won its next 13 games, including a 15-point victory at Notre Dame and a 19-point victory at home against Syracuse.When Duke beat North Carolina State in the ACC tournament semifinals, Anderson turned to roommate and UVA guard Devon Hall and said, “It’s time for round two.”The Cavaliers handed Duke its first loss in the conference championship game since 2004 and earned the No. 1 seed in the NCAA Tournament East Region, falling to Michigan State in the Sweet 16 at Madison Square Garden to end the season.“This year I think there’s going to be a little more extra pressure, but that’s expected,” Anderson said.Confidence stirs on the campus of UVA, where the nearest professional team resides over two hours away. On Oct. 22, this year’s 9,966 season tickets sold out almost a month before the season started, surpassing the previous school record of 9,105 from the 2007–08 season.Bartee said student involvement and ticket requests have gone “way up.” Last season, Hoo Crew rented a bus to drive to Madison Square Garden for the Sweet 16.“I think some of the other students that were on the fence about whether or not to go to games, I think they saw we had a very good team,” Bartee said. “… People started showing up earlier. It was much louder than it was earlier in the season.”Last year, Anderson said, the Cavaliers put targets on the backs of other teams.This year he thinks it’ll be the other way around, even though expectations from the outside are still moderate for UVA.“There was a time last year when Syracuse was 25-0,” McKay said. “When you go 25-0 and then lose two out of three and people are wondering what happened, those are awfully big expectations.“We don’t get that and I’m not sure we would want it. Although, I know we’d welcome the challenge.” Comments Published on November 13, 2014 at 1:11 am Contact Josh: [email protected]
The Sun-Sentinel reported that of the 23 hospitals reporting in Broward County, seven reported ICUs at 90% capacity or more. Of the 17 reporting in Palm Beach County, there were two. Of the 34 reporting in Miami-Dade County, there were 10. As of Wednesday morning, only 921 of Florida’s 5,315 ICU beds were still available. While statewide, the percentage of ICUs available is dwindling, South Florida has been relatively steady. DeSantis announced the decision as the state reported another 7,347 cases and the highest positivity rate — 20.8% — since the beginning of the epidemic. As the number of coronavirus cases continue to rise in Florida, the state is facing a shortage of available ICU beds. According to data released by the Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) on Tuesday, at least 43 intensive care units across 21 counties in Florida hospitals have reached capacity. Another 32 hospitals across ten counties show ICU bed availability of 10% or less. On Tuesday, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis announced that 100 nurses and other medical personnel will be sent by the state to Jackson Memorial Hospital, the largest hospital in Florida, which currently has an ICU bed availability of 9%.